Re: __gnu_cxx error in OpenSolaris

On 05/18/11 10:09 PM, Dennis Clarke wrote:

I have had good results for both Sparc and i386/AMD64 with or without
gas
( GNU as ) however you must always use Sun provided LD=/usr/ccs/bin/ld
if
you want things to work.

Yes but I have forgot to say that I have tried with the Solaris ld and the result was in essence the same. Also,

$ elfdump -s /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6.0.14|grep gnu_cxx

shows that the sumbols are included in the library!

BTW, have you compiled the latest Qt with gcc? You know solaris
studio is not an option as most useful programs do not compile
with it.

Yeah I have hit that issue myself over and over to a point where I gave up on Sun Studio. Such is life.

As for QT , well I have not tried in a while.

Stick with GCC and you will be happy.

That's if you want to write in GNU C++ and don't care about writing standard C++ code.

GCC is useful, but it is the cause of a lot of badly written code.