This is the mail archive of the gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: __gnu_cxx error in OpenSolaris


>
>>I have had good results for both Sparc and i386/AMD64 with or without
> gas
>>( GNU as ) however you must always use Sun provided LD=/usr/ccs/bin/ld
> if
>>you want things to work.
>
> Yes but I have forgot to say that I have tried with the Solaris ld and
> the result
> was in essence the same. Also,
>
> $ elfdump -s /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6.0.14|grep gnu_cxx
>
> shows that the sumbols are included in the library!
>
> BTW, have you compiled the latest Qt with gcc? You know solaris
> studio is not an option as most useful programs do not compile
> with it.

Yeah I have hit that issue myself over and over to a point where I gave up
on Sun Studio. Such is life.

As for QT , well I have not tried in a while.

Stick with GCC and you will be happy.

-- 
Dennis Clarke
dclarke@opensolaris.ca  <- Email related to the open source Solaris
dclarke@blastwave.org   <- Email related to open source for Solaris



Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]