Re: proper configuring & installation ???

Hi,

Thanks for your continued patience and time.

Are you saying it would have been better for me to install both 3.4.6
and 4.3.5 into ... say /opt/gcc and then use -V <3.4.6> or <4.3.5> to
run one or the other?

What does --enable-version-specific-runtime-libs and its buddy
--with-gxx-include-dir=<dirname> do? Would disastrous space-time
continuum consequences result if I tried to install multiple versions
into the same prefix without using this runtime-libs option thingie???

Obviously I could just keep building compilers and trying various
options. But for the sake of the planet's environment I would prefer
to have some idea what might happen. If it runs to completion, the
4.3.5 build takes like 6 or 8+ hours (1000 MHz 750GX).

kevin