This is the mail archive of the
gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: coldfire and soft-float
On gio, 2008-06-19 at 11:27 +0200, Luigi 'Comio' Mantellini wrote:
> On gio, 2008-06-19 at 12:23 +0300, Kai Ruottu wrote:
> > Luigi 'Comio' Mantellini wrote:
> >
> > > Kay, Thanks for your support.
> > >
> > > this is the config.gcc (part of):
> > >
> ....
>
> > >
> > > The target m68k-*-linux* doesn't set any tmake_file... I think that ïthe
> > > following should be added :
> > >
> > > tmake_file="m68k/t-floatlib m68k/t-mlibs m68k/t-m68kbare"
I modified this to:
tmake_file="${tmake_file} m68k/t-floatlib m68k/t-linux m68k/t-mlibs"
and the compilation seems to be ok...
Now I'm this error in Kernel building:
kernel/built-in.o: In function `timespec_add_ns':
/mnt/devel/openwrt/OpenWRT.git/build_dir/linux-cf547x/linux-2.6.23/include/linux/time.h:177: undefined reference to `__umoddi3'
/mnt/devel/openwrt/OpenWRT.git/build_dir/linux-cf547x/linux-2.6.23/include/linux/time.h:177: undefined reference to `__udivdi3'
make[5]: *** [.tmp_vmlinux1] Error 1
make[5]: Leaving directory `/mnt/devel/openwrt/OpenWRT.git/build_dir/linux-cf547x/linux-2.6.23'
make[4]: *** [/mnt/devel/openwrt/OpenWRT.git/build_dir/linux-cf547x/linux-2.6.23/.image] Error 2
make[4]: Leaving directory `/mnt/devel/openwrt/OpenWRT.git/target/linux/cf547x'
make[3]: *** [install] Error 2
make[3]: Leaving directory `/mnt/devel/openwrt/OpenWRT.git/target/linux'
make[2]: *** [target/linux/install] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/mnt/devel/openwrt/OpenWRT.git'
make[1]: *** [/mnt/devel/openwrt/OpenWRT.git/staging_dir/m68k/stamp/.target_install] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/mnt/devel/openwrt/OpenWRT.git'
make: *** [world] Error 2
comio@cartesio:/mnt/devel/openwrt/OpenWRT.git$ cd /mnt/devel/openwrt/OpenWRT.git/build_dir/linux-cf547x/linux-2.6.23/
comio@cartesio:/mnt/devel/openwrt/OpenWRT.git/build_dir/linux-cf547x/linux-2.6.23$ mc
I think that this is an openwrt issue...
thanks again,
luigi
> >
> > The 'm68020/m68881' and 'mcf5475' seem to be the defaults for Linux but
> > 'm68020/msoft-float' and 'mcf5206' for uClinux... So here we should talk
> > only about those (two) uClinux configurations. The 'oldabi' one or the
> > "new GNU/Linux-style ABI" being needed?
> >
> > The startups, C library names memory layout ("flat") etc are different
> > between GNU/Linux and "Linux with uClibc" aka uClinux...
> >
>
> Are you sure about uClinux = Linux+uClibc? I know (but I can be wrong)
> that uClinux is Linux without MMU. I'm using a full Linux (2.6.23) with
> MMU...
>
> > Ok, here seems to be a really silly bug, the target name
> > 'm68k-linux-uclibc' isn't using the right (here 'm68k-*-uclinux*')
> > template at all !!! It uses the 'm68k-*-linux*' template which of
> > course is totally wrong :( Also all the other uClibc systems are
> > expecting the '-uclinux', not the de-facto '-linux-uclibc' target
> > name, only the new 'bfin-*-linux-uclibc' seems to be "updated" to
> > use the new name...
> >
>
> Again, this sound strange for me...
>
> > When seeing this, I remember there being patches for GCC in the
> > uClibc case which changed these templates. But they never were
> > moved to the GCC sources I think...
> >
> > So please simply change the first template name to be :
> >
> > m68k-*-linux-uclibc*) # Motorola m68k/ColdFire running uClinux
> > # with uClibc, using the new GNU/Linux-style
> > # ABI.
> >
> > and then see what you will get !
>
>
> Ok. I will try it.
>
> Thanks a lot,
>
> luigi
Industrie Dial Face S.p.A.
Luigi Mantellini
R&D - Software
Industrie Dial Face S.p.A.
Via Canzo, 4
20068 Peschiera Borromeo (MI), Italy
Tel.: +39 02 5167 2813
Fax: +39 02 5167 2459
E-mail: luigi.mantellini@idf-hit.com
GPG fingerprint: 3DD1 7B71 FBDF 6376
1B4A
B003 175F E979 907E
1650