RE: Are java executables standalone?

I think there is some kind of misunderstanding. I am talking about executable
binaries like fortran, pascal, and c compilers all normally produced say 10
years ago, not the java byte codes. For example, the Jet compiler produces
an .exe for windows, but still requires auxilliary stuff so I don't like it.
The compiler should be able to collect the library stuff as it compiles.

John Love-Jensen wrote:

>>All the languages and compilers I have used before I started using java
made standalone executables. It is a nuisance that the industry seems to
have quit that neatness option.