Re: Are java executables standalone?

hill0093 writes:

 > Are executables compiled from java code standalone,
 > or do they require accompanying files?
 > In both windows and linux?
 > I haven't tried gcc yet.

gcj compiles to native code, but there is still a substantial library.
For what it's worth, I'm not aware of any programming language that
generates standalone executables and has no runtime library.

It is possible to link statically against libgcj, and indeed this is
the default in Windows, but the disadvantage is rather large
executable files.

Andrew.