Porting from Win C++ to linux slash vs backslash

Our extensive C++ library that in the past was compiled using windows has the
following type of #include statments ...

#include <dir1\dir2\dir3\file.h>

however the gcc command line expects slashes in the other direction...
(Assume that the path is set to /home/yo and the file is in
/home/yo/dir1/dir2/dir3/)

gcc -I/home/yo/

In our example gcc will not find the file.h unless we switch the \ to / in
the #include.   We'd have to change countless files to do this.

We have tried
-I'\home\yo\'
-I"\home\yo\"
-I\\home\\yo
-I\\home\\yo\\

We also looked through the gcc options for an option that says to flatten
all directories.

Is there a way to do this without changing all our source files?