This is the mail archive of the
gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: GCC compiler issue - parse error before `&&' token
- From: Brian Budge <brian dot budge at gmail dot com>
- To: Gaurav Kansal <gkansal at velankani dot com>
- Cc: gcc-help at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 13:34:56 +0100
- Subject: Re: GCC compiler issue - parse error before `&&' token
- References: <004e01c51fdd$8a59c6a0$210e000a@blr.velankani.com>
- Reply-to: Brian Budge <brian dot budge at gmail dot com>
The reason it's not backwards compatible in this case is that gcc is
becoming more standards compliant. Look at the gcc info page for
command line arguments... there is one to allow the use of "and" and
"or" as variable names rather than keywords.
Brian
On Thu, 3 Mar 2005 16:11:21 +0530, Gaurav Kansal <gkansal@velankani.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am executing the following piece of code. I have put this in a test.cpp
> file.
> #include <stdio.h>
> int main()
> {
> int and;
> }
>
> If I compile this code with g++ (version 2.95.3), it compiles. But if this
> code is compiled with g++ version 3.1.1, 3.2.2 or 3.3.1, it gives the
> following error:
> "parse error before `&&' token"
>
> I don't understand why the g++ versions are not backward compatible. Is
> there some get around for this problem. I have to use g++ version 3.3.1
> only.
>
> Regards,
> Gaurav Kansal
>
> "Every Customer is a Reference Customer"
>
>
>