This is the mail archive of the
gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Compiling on NCR MP-RAS - sysv4gdb.h?
- From: "Kevin Pendleton" <pendletonk at hotmail dot com>
- To: gcc-help at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 14:20:27 -0700
- Subject: Re: Compiling on NCR MP-RAS - sysv4gdb.h?
- Bcc:
I hate to reply to my own message, but I have made a lot of changes and I
think I am a lot further along now that I hope someone can help me finish
this compile.
First of all I got rid of the previous error that I posted by removing a
section of config.gcc that was old and had a better a newer replacement
later. I decided to do that after finding this in the ChangeLog:
Mon Feb 12 10:15:29 1996 Ian Lance Taylor <ian@cygnus.com>
* configure: Permit tm_file and xm_file to be a list of header
file names, rather than just a single file. For many targets,
handle --with-stabs by adding dbx.h to tm_file, rather than using
a different tm_file.
* dbx.h: New file.
* alpha/gdb-osf2.h, alpha/gdb-osf12.h, alpha/gdb.h: Deleted.
* i386/sysv4gdb.h, mips/iris{5gdb,4gl,4gdb,3gdb}.h: Likewise.
* mips/dec-gosf1.h, mips/news{4,5}-gdb.h, mips/svr4-t-gdb.h:
Likewise.
* mips/ultrix-gdb.h, mips/bsd-{4,5}-gdb.h: Likewise.
* mips/svr{4-5,4-4,3-5,3-4}-gdb.h, mips/mips-5-gdb.h: Likewise.
* mips/ecoff{,l}-gdb.h, mips/mips-4-gdb.h: Likewise.
I removed the following section:
*********************************************************************
i[34567]86-ncr-sysv4*) # NCR 3000 - ix86 running system V.4
xm_defines="POSIX SMALL_ARG_MAX"
if test x$stabs = xyes -a x$gas = xyes
then
tm_file=i386/sysv4gdb.h
else
tm_file="${tm_file} i386/unix.h i386/att.h dbxelf.h elfos.h
svr4.h i386/sysv4.h i386/sysv4-cpp.h"
fi
extra_parts="crtbegin.o crtend.o"
tmake_file=i386/t-crtpic
;;
*********************************************************************
allowing this one to run:
*********************************************************************
i[34567]86-*-sysv4*) # Intel 80386's running system V.4
xm_defines="POSIX SMALL_ARG_MAX"
tm_file="${tm_file} i386/unix.h i386/att.h dbxelf.h elfos.h svr4.h
i386/sysv4.h i386/sysv4-cpp.h"
if test x$stabs = xyes
then
tm_file="${tm_file} dbx.h"
fi
tmake_file="i386/t-crtpic t-svr4"
extra_parts="crtbegin.o crtend.o"
;;
**********************************************************************
Then I just ran into "unknown directive: .stabs" errors. So I figured out
that I needed to add these lines to my configure statement:
--with-as=/usr/gnu/bin/as
--with-ld=/usr/gnu/bin/ld
which got me to "operation combines symbols in different segments" errors.
Finally, I found the prerequisites page and went through and updated a lot
of my stuff.
I was able to successfully update my binutils, make, perl, etc. and now I
get to this:
make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/local/src/gcc332/gcc'
stage1/xgcc -Bstage1/ -B/usr/gnu/i686-ncr-sysv4.3/bin/ -c -g -O2 -DIN_GCC
-W -Wall -Wwrite-strings -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes
-Wtraditional -pedantic -Wno-long-long -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DGENERATOR_FILE
-I. -I. -I/usr/local/src/gcc-3.3.2/gcc -I/usr/local/src/gcc-3.3.2/gcc/.
-I/usr/local/src/gcc-3.3.2/gcc/config
-I/usr/local/src/gcc-3.3.2/gcc/../include
/usr/local/src/gcc-3.3.2/gcc/gengenrtl.c -o gengenrtl.o
In file included from /usr/local/src/gcc-3.3.2/gcc/system.h:313,
from /usr/local/src/gcc-3.3.2/gcc/gengenrtl.c:23:
/usr/gnu/include/malloc.h:28: error: redefinition of `struct mallinfo'
In file included from /usr/local/src/gcc-3.3.2/gcc/system.h:382,
from /usr/local/src/gcc-3.3.2/gcc/gengenrtl.c:23:
include/sys/stat.h:31: error: conflicting types for `timestruc_t'
/usr/gnu/include/sys/time.h:85: error: previous declaration of `timestruc_t'
/usr/local/src/gcc-3.3.2/gcc/gengenrtl.c: In function `main':
/usr/local/src/gcc-3.3.2/gcc/gengenrtl.c:363: warning: left-hand operand of
comma expression has no effect
make[2]: *** [gengenrtl.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/gcc332/gcc'
make[1]: *** [stage2_build] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/gcc332/gcc'
make: *** [bootstrap] Error 2
I've seen similar errors before, but have been able to find the solutions on
the web and then implement them. Does anyone know how I can keep these
types from conflicting?
More info:
I downloaded the source to /usr/local/src, created a folder called gcc332,
and from within that directory ran:
sudo /usr/local/src/gcc-3.3.2/configure \
--host=i686-ncr-sysv4.3 \
--enable-languages=c,c++,f77,objc \
--prefix=/usr/gnu \
--with-as=/usr/gnu/bin/as \
--with-ld=/usr/gnu/bin/ld \
--with-gnu-as \
--with-gnu-ld \
--with-stabs \
--with-elf
sudo /usr/gnu/bin/make bootstrap
Using:
binutils 2.14
GNU Make 3.80
Perl 5.8.3
I can send my config.cache, config.status, or anything else if needed.
TIA
- Kevin
_________________________________________________________________
Scope out the new MSN Plus Internet Software ? optimizes dial-up to the max!
http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-us&page=byoa/plus&ST=1