This is the mail archive of the gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

getting started help!


Hello, I am trying to find some help with the gcc 3.2.  I have written a
little c++ code before, but always inside of an IDE.  I am currently working
on a Solaris 9 x86 OS and do not have an IDE.  I have installed the gcc 3.2
version that came with the Solaris media kit.

Once everything was installed, I tried to simply test out the installation.
I wrote a simple little one liner program, and after many headaches, I
finally got it to compile.  The program is listed below.

Program name:  jr.cpp
#include <iostream>
int main (void)
{
  std::cout<<"It works!";
  return 1;
}

Once it compiled and created the a.out file, I tried to execute it.  I got
the following result.

I tried simply typing a.out, it says "a.out: not found"
I also tried ./a.out with a result of "ld.so.1: ./a.out: fatal:
libstdc++.so.5: open failed: No such file or directory killed"

I am unsure what it is that I am doing wrong, and would appreciate any help
that you might give me.  Also, is there any type of instructional book for
beginners using the gcc compiler collection?

thanks,


Jack R. Rutledge


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]