This is the mail archive of the gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: Declaring automatic variables inside a while loop


On Wed, Jan 21, 2004 at 04:31:50AM -0800, Felix Lee wrote:
> Claudio Bley <bley@cs.uni-magdeburg.de>:
> > What is an "automatic" variable? I never heard of such a thing.
> 
> it's in the standard.  it's what stack variables are called.
> C has a type keyword 'auto' that nobody uses because it's usually
> unnecessary.

Thanks for your input. I was just wondering because I never came
across this term.

Regards.
-- 
Claudio Bley                                 ASCII ribbon campaign (")
Debian GNU/Linux user                         - against HTML email  X 
http://www.cs.uni-magdeburg.de/~bley/                     & vCards / \


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]