This is the mail archive of the
gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
[Bug go/51874] Many libgo testsuite failures on Solaris, IRIX
- From: "ro at CeBiTec dot Uni-Bielefeld.DE" <gcc-bugzilla at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- To: gcc-bugs at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2012 11:45:17 +0000
- Subject: [Bug go/51874] Many libgo testsuite failures on Solaris, IRIX
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated
- References: <bug-51874-4@http.gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/>
http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=51874
--- Comment #2 from ro at CeBiTec dot Uni-Bielefeld.DE <ro at CeBiTec dot Uni-Bielefeld.DE> 2012-01-27 11:45:17 UTC ---
I've also had a look at the Solaris/SPARC failures, which are unrelated
to the 64-bit Solaris/x86 problem previously identified. I could trace
it to the most trivial testcase with channels:
package main
func send(ch chan<- int) {
ch <- 1
}
func main() {
ch := make(chan int)
go send(ch)
recv := <-ch
if recv != 1 {
panic (recv)
}
print(recv, "\n")
}
On Solaris/SPARC (both 32 and 64-bit), this fails with
panic: 0
I've still to closer investigate why this happens. I suspect that this
is also the cause of the IRIX failures (a libgo build is currently
running). Maybe this is just and endianess problem: it's interesting
that 32-bit Solaris/x86 works (little-endian), while 32-bit
Solaris/SPARC and IRIX (both big-endian) don't.
Rainer