This is the mail archive of the
gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
[Bug middle-end/51017] GCC 4.6 performance regression (vs. 4.4/4.5)
- From: "solar-gcc at openwall dot com" <gcc-bugzilla at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- To: gcc-bugs at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2012 04:45:43 +0000
- Subject: [Bug middle-end/51017] GCC 4.6 performance regression (vs. 4.4/4.5)
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated
- References: <bug-51017-4@http.gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/>
http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=51017
--- Comment #4 from Alexander Peslyak <solar-gcc at openwall dot com> 2012-01-03 04:45:43 UTC ---
(In reply to comment #3)
> It might be interesting to get numbers for the trunk. There have been some
> register allocator fixes which might have improved this.
I've just tested the gcc-4.7-20111231 snapshot vs. 4.6.2 release. There's no
improvement as it relates to this issue: I am getting the same poor performance
(a lot worse than for 4.5). This is for generating x86-64 code with SSE2
intrinsics, benchmarking the resulting code on a Core 2'ish CPU (I used Xeon
E5420 this time).