This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
[Bug libstdc++/29496] _M_invalidate function is not thread-safe in GLIBCXX_DEBUG mode
- From: "pcarlini at suse dot de" <gcc-bugzilla at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- To: gcc-bugs at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 31 Oct 2006 13:46:00 -0000
- Subject: [Bug libstdc++/29496] _M_invalidate function is not thread-safe in GLIBCXX_DEBUG mode
- References: <email@example.com/bugzilla/>
- Reply-to: gcc-bugzilla at gcc dot gnu dot org
------- Comment #16 from pcarlini at suse dot de 2006-10-31 13:45 -------
(In reply to comment #15)
> I tried to prepare a simple testcase but without any success. It seems to be
> extremely hard to hit the moment when pointers are actually changed. Trivial
> programs do not reveal the problem.
Ok, but you should try harder, because often in the past we managed to prepare
complete testcases for races and generally MT issues too, which seemed very
tricky at the outset.