This is the mail archive of the
gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
[Bug fortran/23254] gfortran .f90 complex parameter initialization syntax bug
- From: "christopherbuell at mindspring dot com" <gcc-bugzilla at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- To: gcc-bugs at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 6 Aug 2005 15:02:37 -0000
- Subject: [Bug fortran/23254] gfortran .f90 complex parameter initialization syntax bug
- References: <20050805203153.23254.christopherbuell@mindspring.com>
- Reply-to: gcc-bugzilla at gcc dot gnu dot org
------- Additional Comments From christopherbuell at mindspring dot com 2005-08-06 15:02 -------
(In reply to comment #3)
Got it. I don't know the F90 or F95 standard very well.
I do know F77.
The code I was porting did compile on the MS-DEC FORTRAN 95 compiler.
(whoever owns that compiler anyway)
It seems "reasonable" that it should work.
But, I didn't know what the spec said.
Thanx for getting back to me.
Chris
> gfortran is doing the right thing according to section 7.1.6.1
> of the Fortran 95 standard. For completeness, here is the output
> of NAGWare F95 compiler.
> kargl[204] f95 -kind=byte -c lk.f90
> Error: lk.f90, line 10: Invalid real part of complex constant
> Error: lk.f90, line 11: Invalid real part of complex constant
> Error: lk.f90, line 12: Invalid real part of complex constant
> Error: lk.f90, line 13: Invalid real part of complex constant
> Error: lk.f90, line 14: Invalid real part of complex constant
> Errors in declarations, no further processing for CONSTS_TEST
--
http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=23254