This is the mail archive of the
gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [Bug c++/22602] New: I can't enter a bug here
- From: Daniel Berlin <dberlin at dberlin dot org>
- To: gcc-bugzilla at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Cc: gcc-bugs at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 20:58:32 -0400
- Subject: Re: [Bug c++/22602] New: I can't enter a bug here
- References: <20050722005657.22602.jacob.navia@ants.com>
On Fri, 2005-07-22 at 00:57 +0000, jacob dot navia at ants dot com
wrote:
> Because there is a size limitation to 64K in this software.
> I prepared a single file with no includes that faithfully reproduced the bug:
> bug0.cpp: In member function 'double AtomicDouble::CompareExchange(double,
> double) volatile':
> bug0.cpp:4999: internal compiler error: in create_tmp_var, at gimplify.c:368
> Please submit a full bug report,
> with preprocessed source if appropriate.
> See <URL:http://gcc.gnu.org/bugs.html> for instructions.
>
> This took me hours. THEN, I entered here the file.
>
> This software told me when I pressed the "submmit" button that
> my stuff was bigger than 64K, then IT DISCARDED ALL MY INPUT.
>
> NICE.
>
> I have worked like 3 hours more but the file size went down fro; 350k to 162K
> only. It is becoming increasingly difficult to reduce the size.
>
> In this times, *ANY* include directive will produce file sizes of more than
> 64K.
>
> Why this stupid limitation?
>
Uh, becuase we want you to *attach the file*, not *paste it into the
comments*.
Click create new attachment
Why the heck would we want to see 65k of text in the comments of a bug?