This is the mail archive of the
gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
[Bug c++/22602] New: I can't enter a bug here
- From: "jacob dot navia at ants dot com" <gcc-bugzilla at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- To: gcc-bugs at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 22 Jul 2005 00:57:00 -0000
- Subject: [Bug c++/22602] New: I can't enter a bug here
- Reply-to: gcc-bugzilla at gcc dot gnu dot org
Because there is a size limitation to 64K in this software.
I prepared a single file with no includes that faithfully reproduced the bug:
bug0.cpp: In member function 'double AtomicDouble::CompareExchange(double,
double) volatile':
bug0.cpp:4999: internal compiler error: in create_tmp_var, at gimplify.c:368
Please submit a full bug report,
with preprocessed source if appropriate.
See <URL:http://gcc.gnu.org/bugs.html> for instructions.
This took me hours. THEN, I entered here the file.
This software told me when I pressed the "submmit" button that
my stuff was bigger than 64K, then IT DISCARDED ALL MY INPUT.
NICE.
I have worked like 3 hours more but the file size went down fro; 350k to 162K
only. It is becoming increasingly difficult to reduce the size.
In this times, *ANY* include directive will produce file sizes of more than
64K.
Why this stupid limitation?
--
Summary: I can't enter a bug here
Product: gcc
Version: unknown
Status: UNCONFIRMED
Severity: normal
Priority: P2
Component: c++
AssignedTo: unassigned at gcc dot gnu dot org
ReportedBy: jacob dot navia at ants dot com
CC: gcc-bugs at gcc dot gnu dot org
http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=22602