This is the mail archive of the gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

[Bug fortran/11127] Bad arithmetic in complex parameter


PLEASE REPLY TO gcc-bugzilla@gcc.gnu.org ONLY, *NOT* gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org.

http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=11127



------- Additional Comments From John.Harper@mcs.vuw.ac.nz  2003-06-09 21:12 -------
Subject: Re:  Bad arithmetic in complex parameter


Dear Falk

Thank you. As I am not in charge of keeping software up to date on
our machines I am sending a copy of this e-mail to those who are.

Dear Bugs & ITS-Help

Yesterday I complained to the g77 people about a bug I had found in
g77 on mahoe (but not on MCS machines like ihi). They say that g77 is now
running version 3.3 and ours (2.95 in both ITS and MCS) is very old.
Any chance of an update? It costs us nothing. See
http://www.gnu.org/software/fortran/fortran.html

The Fortran program that gave the bad output (0.,2.) on mahoe is
      REAL PI
      COMPLEX Z,I
      PARAMETER(PI = 3.14159, I = (0.0,1.0), Z = PI*I )
      PRINT*,'Pi*i should be near (0.0,3.14159) but is ', Z
      END

On Tue, 9 Jun 2003, falk@debian.org wrote:

> Date: 9 Jun 2003 12:35:49 -0000
> From: "falk@debian.org" <gcc-bugzilla@gcc.gnu.org>
> To: john.harper@vuw.ac.nz
> Subject: [Bug fortran/11127] Bad arithmetic in complex parameter
>
> PLEASE REPLY TO gcc-bugzilla@gcc.gnu.org ONLY, *NOT* gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org.
>
> http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=11127
>
>
> falk@debian.org changed:
>
>            What    |Removed                     |Added
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
>              Status|UNCONFIRMED                 |WAITING
>
>
> ------- Additional Comments From falk@debian.org  2003-06-09 12:35 -------
> I cannot reproduce this on Alpha Linux with 2.95's Fortran 0.5.25
> 20010319 (prerelease). Also, 2.95 is very old and no longer supported.
> Could you please try whether this still occurs with a current compiler
> like 3.3?
>
>      Falk
>
>
>
> ------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
> You reported the bug, or are watching the reporter.
>


John Harper, School of Mathematical and Computing Sciences,
Victoria University, PO Box 600, Wellington, New Zealand
e-mail john.harper@vuw.ac.nz phone (+64)(4)463 5341 fax (+64)(4)463 5045


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]