This is the mail archive of the
gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: intermittent ia64 build hang
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- To: Janis Johnson <janis187 at us dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: gcc-bugs at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 15:56:40 -0700
- Subject: Re: intermittent ia64 build hang
- References: <20020523164630.A2862@us.ibm.com>
On Thu, May 23, 2002 at 04:46:30PM -0700, Janis Johnson wrote:
> If I revert this patch, the build completes (or at least
> it did with yesterday's CVS):
>
> 2002-05-16 Richard Henderson <rth@redhat.com>
>
> * config/ia64/ia64.c (ia64_reorg): Rebuild bb_for_insn before
> splitting. Use split_all_insns; update_life_info_in_dirty_blocks.
Hmm. Well, I've reverted this section of the patch, since I
know I ran into problems without the splitting changes.
r~
* config/ia64/ia64.c (ia64_reorg): Use update_life_info instead
of update_life_info_in_dirty_blocks.
Index: ia64.c
===================================================================
RCS file: /cvs/gcc/gcc/gcc/config/ia64/ia64.c,v
retrieving revision 1.170
diff -c -p -d -u -r1.170 ia64.c
--- ia64.c 23 May 2002 19:23:51 -0000 1.170
+++ ia64.c 24 May 2002 22:51:35 -0000
@@ -6739,8 +6982,9 @@ ia64_reorg (insns)
if (optimize == 0)
split_all_insns (0);
- update_life_info_in_dirty_blocks (UPDATE_LIFE_GLOBAL_RM_NOTES,
- PROP_DEATH_NOTES);
+ /* ??? update_life_info_in_dirty_blocks fails to terminate during
+ non-optimizing bootstrap. */
+ update_life_info (NULL, UPDATE_LIFE_GLOBAL_RM_NOTES, PROP_DEATH_NOTES);
if (ia64_flag_schedule_insns2)
{