This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: intermittent ia64 build hang
- From: Janis Johnson <janis187 at us dot ibm dot com>
- To: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>, Janis Johnson <janis187 at us dot ibm dot com>, gcc-bugs at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sat, 25 May 2002 21:01:43 -0700
- Subject: Re: intermittent ia64 build hang
- References: <20020523164630.A2862@us.ibm.com> <20020524155640.A27474@redhat.com>
On Fri, May 24, 2002 at 03:56:40PM -0700, Richard Henderson wrote:
> On Thu, May 23, 2002 at 04:46:30PM -0700, Janis Johnson wrote:
> > If I revert this patch, the build completes (or at least
> > it did with yesterday's CVS):
> > 2002-05-16 Richard Henderson <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> > * config/ia64/ia64.c (ia64_reorg): Rebuild bb_for_insn before
> > splitting. Use split_all_insns; update_life_info_in_dirty_blocks.
> Hmm. Well, I've reverted this section of the patch, since I
> know I ran into problems without the splitting changes.
With this change, my build no longer hangs.