This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: libgcj-$VERSION changes
- From: Anthony Green <green at redhat dot com>
- To: "David S. Miller" <davem at redhat dot com>
- Cc: java at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc-bugs at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 17 May 2002 12:32:53 -0700
- Subject: Re: libgcj-$VERSION changes
- References: <email@example.com>
On Fri, 2002-05-17 at 00:05, David S. Miller wrote:
> Anthony, why did you hard code the value for the version
> number in the 3.1 branch version of your libjava.exp change:
Ah yes. Because at the time it seemed like 3.1 was about to go out
within a couple of days. Versioning the jar file was important for the
release, but I had no confidence that I would be able to create a proper
patch in time for the release -- so we decided that the hack would do.
As it happened, I did come up with a proper patch the next day, but only
applied it to the trunk for fear of destabilizing the branch.
> It seems to me that your mainline version of the change should be put
> into the 3.1 branch libjava.exp like so:
Yes -- I agree. I don't think any of us thought about the impact of the
branch patch post 3.1... :-(
Thanks for looking into this David.