This is the mail archive of the
gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: target/5505: Doubts about a patch for OSF
- From: "Richard B. Kreckel" <kreckel at ginac dot de>
- To: Rainer Orth <ro at TechFak dot Uni-Bielefeld dot DE>
- Cc: gcc-bugs at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc-gnats at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2002 17:08:17 +0100 (CET)
- Subject: Re: target/5505: Doubts about a patch for OSF
- Reply-to: Richard dot Kreckel at Uni-Mainz dot DE
On Mon, 4 Feb 2002, Rainer Orth wrote:
> Fine. Instead of patching the whole machine, it should be sufficient to
> just drop a copy of the patched ld in
> $prefix/lib/gcc-lib/alpha-dec-osf5.1/3.0.4/ld.
The machine isn't operated by myself, unfortunately. I have to wait for a
planned downtime tomorrow. Then, the machine will be patched.
[...]
> I've re-bootstrapped GCC 3.0.4 20020129 with no regressions compared to
> 3.0.2 20010921, and this version still creates a working CLN 1.1.4 which
> passes make check. I've even tried to drop the Tru64 UNIX V5.1 ld (before
> any patches) into the gcc tree as mentioned above and rebuilt CLN, which
> keeps working. This may mean that ld isn't the culprit or the error only
> happens when linking libstdc++.
Thanks for this piece of information. After our last email I had grown
suspicious, too, about ld being the only reason for this failure...
Regards
-richy.
--
Richard B. Kreckel
<Richard.Kreckel@Uni-Mainz.DE>
<http://wwwthep.physik.uni-mainz.de/~kreckel/>