This is the mail archive of the
gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
Internal compiler error: program cc1 got fatal signal 11 (GNU-Linux-ix86)
- To: gcc-bugs at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Subject: Internal compiler error: program cc1 got fatal signal 11 (GNU-Linux-ix86)
- From: ernst dot molitor at uni-bonn dot de
- Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2000 23:01:30 GMT
- CC: ernst at mibi02 dot meb dot uni-bonn dot de
- Reply-to: ernst dot molitor at uni-bonn dot de
Dear GCC gurus,
trying to bootstrap the GCC compiler (gcc-2.96, today's CVS sources)
on my GNU-Linux-box (Linux kernel V. 2.2.15pre11 on a Pentium-III-450
[no, it's not overclocked], 128 MByte RAM, binutils-2.0.5.0.29) by
"make bootstrap", I came across the following error message:
> stage2/xgcc -Bstage2/ -B/usr/local/i686-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ -c -DIN_GCC -W -Wall -Wtraditional -O2 -g -O2 -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../../egcs/gcc -I../../egcs/gcc/config -I../../egcs/gcc/../include ../../egcs/gcc/cppfiles.c
> xgcc: Internal compiler error: program cc1 got fatal signal 11
gdb returned this piece of information from the core dump:
>gdb --directory=../../egcs/gcc:./stage2/ stage2/cc1 core
>GNU gdb 4.18
>Copyright 1998 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
>GDB is free software, covered by the GNU General Public License, and you are
>welcome to change it and/or distribute copies of it under certain conditions.
>Type "show copying" to see the conditions.
>There is absolutely no warranty for GDB. Type "show warranty" for details.
>This GDB was configured as "i686-pc-linux-gnu"...
>Core was generated by `stage2/cc1 cppfiles.i -quiet -dumpbase cppfiles.c -g -O2 -O2 -W -Wall -Wtraditi'.
>Program terminated with signal 11, Segmentation fault.
>Reading symbols from /usr/local/lib/libc.so.6...done.
>Reading symbols from /lib/ld-linux.so.2...done.
>#0 0x817ac98 in gen_strlensi (operand0=0x403d4950, operand1=0x403d49b0,
> operand2=0x4001e290, operand3=0x4001e298) at insn-emit.c:8755
>8755 if (TARGET_UNROLL_STRLEN && eoschar == const0_rtx && optimize > 1
>Breakpoint 1 at 0x4004a02c
>Breakpoint 2 at 0x80a82ea: file ../../egcs/gcc/rtl.c, line 1249.
>Breakpoint 3 at 0x400489fe
>(gdb)
The command
>stage2/xgcc -v --save-temps -Bstage2/ -B/usr/local/i686-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ -c -DIN_GCC -W -Wall -Wtraditional -O2 -g -O2 -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../../egcs/gcc -I../../egcs/gcc/config -I../../egcs/gcc/../include ../../egcs/gcc/cppfiles.c
resulted in the files cppfiles.i and cppfiles.s included below.
Best wishes,
Ernst
cppfiles.i.bz2
cppfiles.s.bz2