This is the mail archive of the
gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: egcs-19980727 make bootstrap Error 1 in backspace.o for i686-sun-solaris2.6
- To: Craig Burley <burley at gnu dot org>
- Subject: Re: egcs-19980727 make bootstrap Error 1 in backspace.o for i686-sun-solaris2.6
- From: Jeffrey A Law <law at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Fri, 31 Jul 1998 22:41:41 -0600
- cc: bmichaud at excom dot com, egcs-bugs at cygnus dot com
- Reply-To: law at cygnus dot com
In message <199807300928.FAA16127@melange.gnu.org>you write:
> I ran into this as well.
>
> I believe the bug is that the snapshot tarball, *not* the CVS tree
> (having examined it via http), erroneously contains an empty file named:
>
> egcs-19980727/libf2c/g2c.h
Ah ha! I recently updated the snapshot script to touch a few more
generated files in libf2c to avoid timestamp problems in the ftp
snasphots.
I saw that g2c.h was a generated file, so I had the snapshot process
touch it but g2c.h is built in the objdir, so it shouldn't need this
handling! I've fixing the script right now :-)
> I'm deleting this file in my copies of the unpacked source directory,
> and restarting both my builds (Alpha and Linux). I believe this will
> fix all the problems I've seen so far.
I suspect you're right.
jeff