This is the mail archive of the gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]

Re: c++ template bug


Mark Mitchell <mark@markmitchell.com> writes:

>>>>>> "root" == root  <root@ptpp09.phy.tu-dresden.de> writes:

root> template<class T> class A { public: void f(); };
root> class B : public A<int> { public: void f(); };
root> int main() { B b; B& b1 = b; b1.A<int>::f(); }

> I would have figured I had broken this with the changes I made last
> night, were it not for the fact that this appears to happen on the 1.1
> branch as well as the mainline.

What do you mean?  With the latest snapshot, on sparc-sun-solaris2.5,
I only get:

/tmp/ccFz204I.o: In function `main':
/tmp/ccFz204I.o(.text+0x10): undefined reference to `A<int>::f(void)'

which is quite reasonable, given that A<int>::f() is not defined...

-- 
Alexandre Oliva
mailto:oliva@dcc.unicamp.br mailto:aoliva@acm.org
http://www.dcc.unicamp.br/~oliva
Universidade Estadual de Campinas, SP, Brasil



Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]