This is the mail archive of the gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]

cross compiling problem


I got past the 'make bootstrap' issue in my previous question - stupid of me
to overlook that in the first place.

I've got the native compiling built fine and installed, however I'm having a
bit of a problem building a cross compiler.  Binutils 2.8.1 crossed over
fine.  For egcs 1.0.3a, I've got in ./objdir/i586-linux configured with (XXX
are placeholders for real directories)  --prefix is the same as it was
during the cross-building of binutils:
--with-gnu-as --with-gnu-ld --target=i586-linux --with-includes=XXX --with-l
ibs=XXX --with-libs=XXX --prefix=/usr/local/cross/i586-linux --enable-shared

In ./objdir/i586-linux/gcc, I get:
"You must find a way to build libgcc1.a"

..and doing some troubleshooting, I issued a 'make libgcc1.a' in that
directory, and found the cc compiler (which is not gcc) was complaining
about a syntax error in line 256 before 'asm' in _udivsi3

Any clues?



Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]