This is the mail archive of the gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]

Another PA-RISC bug



I wasn't going to mention this bug because I haven't been able to
locate a simple test case - but I figure it still wouldn't hurt to send
in a report.

On my HP PA-RISC machines I ran into trouble when trying to build vim
5.1, available at:

	ftp://ftp.us.vim.org/pub/vim/unix/vim-5.1.tar.gz

Untar this file and then try this (no need to configure):

$ gcc -c -O vim-5.1/src/ctags/options.c
gcc: Internal compiler error: program cc1 got fatal signal 6
$ gcc -c vim-5.1/src/ctags/options.c
$ gcc -c -O3 vim-5.1/src/ctags/options.c
$ gcc -v
Reading specs from /net/appl/egcs-1.0/lib/gcc-lib/hppa1.1-hp-hpux10.20/egcs-2.90.29/specs
gcc version egcs-2.90.29 980515 (egcs-1.0.3 release)
$ uname -a
HP-UX pmu-e5 B.10.20 A 9000/778 2000153729 two-user license
$  

Since it is easy to change the optimization level - and since it has
not bitten me with my own code yet - I have not been to driven to
locate the source of this bug.  I understand if you feel the same way.

Martin

-- 
Martin Andrews                      andrewm@eeg.ccf.org
Section of Neurological Computing, Cleveland Clinic Foundation



Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]