This is the mail archive of the gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]

Re: configure error: HAVE_INTTYPES_H set in error


tprince@cat.e-mail.com writes:
> 
> config.log shows that both criteria for HAVE_INTTYPES_H have
> failed, yet it ends up set, so that I have to add #undef
> HAVE_INTTYPES_H to xm-cygwin32.h.  There doesn't appear to
> be any checking for existence of <wctypes.h> or even cwctype.
> 

I've already asked for more information on this, but didn't receive
anything.

HAVE_INTTYPES is defined iff configure finds inttypes.h, and it doesn't in
my case and everything works.

wctypes.h is included iff gen-params finds it; otherwise not. 

<cwctype> is *never* included (ifdef 0 in libstdc++/std/straits.h), so not
an issue.

In all cases, either you're running into a shell bug or using a bad
config.cache file. I'll happy to work with you to debug this problem,
bug need more info from you (eg., why the autoconf macro is finding
inttypes.h even when it doesn't exist, and why gen-params is finding
wctypes.h when it doesn't exist). Be aware that there are some weird 
problems that show up on W95 that do not exist under WinNT (which is 
what I use to test cygwin32/mingw32 versions of egcs).

Mumit


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]