This is the mail archive of the
gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: egcs-1.0.3: mc68k/mcf5200 codegen bug when optimizing
- To: Franz Sirl <Franz dot Sirl-kernel at lauterbach dot com>
- Subject: Re: egcs-1.0.3: mc68k/mcf5200 codegen bug when optimizing
- From: Jeffrey A Law <law at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Tue, 07 Jul 1998 00:43:28 -0600
- cc: Rune Skårsmoen <skars at nvg dot ntnu dot no>, egcs-bugs at cygnus dot com, egcs-patches at cygnus dot com
- Reply-To: law at cygnus dot com
In message <199807021103.EAA02800@cygnus.com>you write:
> Ok, here it is. On the ColdFire "clr%.w %0;move%.b %1,%0" would be better,
> but I don't know what cases reg_mentioned_p tries to cover, so I took the
> safe approach (instead of !TARGET_5200 && reg_mentioned_p).
Right. Better safe than sorry. We can refine later if we find it's causing
a performance problem.
I've installed your patch.
Thanks!
jeff