This is the mail archive of the gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]

Re: false passes for c-torture bf64-1.c


   From: Franz Sirl <Franz.Sirl-kernel@lauterbach.com>
   Date: Thu, 2 Jul 1998 23:38:11 +0200

   What are you trying to prove here? On powerpc-unknow-linux-gnu this
   code will never produce a correct result cause frob_di is handed
   the local "int x", which is still uninitialized. If you are trying
   to say that the compiler should use the global x til the local x is
   initialized, then yes, this could be a bug, depending on the C
   standard.  If I rename the local x to z (see code below) everything
   works fine for me.

Yes, my test is erroneous, thanks for pointing it out.

I'll try to cook up a legitimate one which triggers the bug I was
talking about.

Later,
David S. Miller
davem@dm.cobaltmicro.com


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]