Re: [fortran, patch] IEEE intrinsic modules

Janne Blomqvist <blomqvist.janne@gmail.com> writes:

> On Thu, Jun 5, 2014 at 1:04 AM, FX <fxcoudert@gmail.com> wrote:
>>   2. Your review of the patch!
>
> Not a full review, just a few quick comments.
>
> - Wrt. libgfortran/gfortran.map: You have added the GFORTRAN_1.6
> symbol node, as you're the first one to export new symbols in the 4.10
> cycle. I've seen occasional confusion from users when they have symbol
> version mismatches and e.g. "1.4" doesn't match any version they've
> seen before. So I think it might be better to switch to a scheme where
> the symbol node name matches the compiler version, i.e. GFORTRAN_4.10.

Except libgcc_s.so.1, none of the other GCC runtime libraries does
that.  Changing schemes in the middle is going to be even more confusing
than staying with what we have here.  The only other reasonable scheme
is what libgomp.so.1 does, namely naming the versions after the OpenMP
standard they implement.

	Rainer

Rainer Orth, Center for Biotechnology, Bielefeld University