Re: [fortran, patch] IEEE intrinsic modules

On Thu, Jun 5, 2014 at 1:04 AM, FX <fxcoudert@gmail.com> wrote:
>   2. Your review of the patch!

Not a full review, just a few quick comments.

- Wrt. libgfortran/gfortran.map: You have added the GFORTRAN_1.6
symbol node, as you're the first one to export new symbols in the 4.10
cycle. I've seen occasional confusion from users when they have symbol
version mismatches and e.g. "1.4" doesn't match any version they've
seen before. So I think it might be better to switch to a scheme where
the symbol node name matches the compiler version, i.e. GFORTRAN_4.10.

- Many of the intrinsics are just thin wrappers around
__builtin_foo(). Couldn't these be generated inline instead?

> I really think getting IEEE support early in stage 1 will benefit the compiler, through good testing before release.

I agree, IEEE support seems to be one of the most commonly requested
features. Thanks for all the hard work on this.

--
Janne Blomqvist