This is the mail archive of the
fortran@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GNU Fortran project.
Re: environment modules for gcc/gfortran?
- From: Tom Roche <Tom_Roche at pobox dot com>
- To: fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org,
- Cc: Katherine Holcomb <kholcomb at virginia dot edu>
- Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2012 18:43:36 -0400
- Subject: Re: environment modules for gcc/gfortran?
- References: <4F71EF8A.4020202@virginia.edu> <87zkb2gi8k.fsf@pobox.com>
- Reply-to: fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org, Tom Roche <Tom_Roche at pobox dot com>
Katherine Holcomb Tue, 27 Mar 2012 12:49:14 -0400
> You need to roll your own modules script. They are fairly simple Tcl
> scripts with some extensions. So you would install the newer version
> into some unique location -- don't make it fight with the system gcc
> in /usr. Let's say it's in /opt/gcc-4.7
Thanks for the instructions @
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/fortran/2012-03/msg00140.html
! One more question: is 4.7 the gcc/gfortran version you would use?
I ask because I got the following post from the cluster maintainer
today:
>> I tried to compile the 4.6 version of GCC from source and could not
>> get it to work. If you have a working version, I would be happy to
>> put it [up]
FWIW, the cluster is running RHEL 5.4.
TIA, Tom Roche <Tom_Roche@pobox.com>