This is the mail archive of the
fortran@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GNU Fortran project.
Re: [Patch, Fortran] PR 52469
- From: Mikael Morin <mikael dot morin at sfr dot fr>
- To: Tobias Burnus <burnus at net-b dot de>
- Cc: gcc patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, gfortran <fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2012 20:11:50 +0100
- Subject: Re: [Patch, Fortran] PR 52469
- References: <4F58BE75.3010201@net-b.de>
On 08/03/2012 15:13, Tobias Burnus wrote:
> After a lengthy debugging, I finally found the issue. If I hadn't be
> concentrating that much on -fwhole-file and if I had had a closer look
> at the test case before, I hadn't wasted hours tracking this one down ...
>
> The problem is that a procedure pointer is used for the "interface" of a
> procedure-pointer component. Instead of using the tree declaration of
> the proc-pointer target, the proc-pointer declaration was used as type -
> which caused a mess. (The patch is clearer than what I wrote above.)
>
> As the test case in the PR works without -fwhole-file (which enabled by
> default since 4.6), it is a 4.6/4.7/4.8 regression.
>
> Build and regtested on x86-64-Linux.
> OK for the trunk and the 4.6 and 4.7* branch? (* for 4.7.1)
>
Rather obvious (once the fix is known ;-)). OK. Thanks.
Mikael.