This is the mail archive of the fortran@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GNU Fortran project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: make install


Hmm, no. That is the perplexing thing: under this Linux box, the
bootstrap runs to completion. It's as though the base GCC version is
used correctly during bootstrap, and then it's forgotten at install
time... 
Salvatore

Il giorno lun, 29/01/2007 alle 13.31 +0100, François-Xavier Coudert ha
scritto:
> > I am installing a 4.2 snapshot on a machine with an ancient distribution
> > (RH 7.2), and I am getting the following error from make install
> > gcc -c   -g -O2 -DIN_GCC   -W -Wall -Wwrite-strings -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -pedantic -Wno-long-long -Wno-variadic-macros -Wno-overlength-strings -Wold-style-definition -Wmissing-format-attribute    -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../../gcc-4.2-20070124/gcc -I../../gcc-4.2-20070124/gcc/. -I../../gcc-4.2-20070124/gcc/../include -I../../gcc-4.2-20070124/gcc/../libcpp/include -I/devel/pasqua/GNU/gmp/include -I/devel/pasqua/GNU/mpfr/include -I../../gcc-4.2-20070124/gcc/../libdecnumber -I../libdecnumber    cc1-checksum.c -o cc1-checksum.o
> > cc1: error: unrecognized command line option "-Wno-variadic-macros"
> > cc1: error: unrecognized command line option "-Wno-overlength-strings"
> > make[2]: *** [cc1-checksum.o] Error 1
> > make[2]: Leaving directory `/home1/devel/pasqua/GNU/obj-4.2-20070124/gcc'
> > make[1]: *** [install-gcc] Error 2
> > make[1]: Leaving directory `/home1/devel/pasqua/GNU/obj-4.2-20070124'
> > make: *** [install] Error 2
> 
> This looks like you're trying to use "make install" after "make"
> failed to build everything fine. make install can only be used after a
> successful "make".
> 
> FX


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]