Re: libjava threads vs no-threads?

>>>>> "Dave" == Dave Korn <dave.korn@artimi.com> writes:

Dave> ./.libs/libgcj.a(lt102-misc.o): In function `GC_init_inner':
Dave> /gnu/gcc/gcc/boehm-gc/misc.c:680: undefined reference to
Dave> `_GC_get_thread_stack_base'

Sounds like a an incomplete GC port, perhaps.  Or maybe a configury
buglet or the like.

One place to start with problems like this is by looking at the
upstream GC.  We haven't done a GC import in a while; if an import
would fix this then that would be good...

Dave>   I'm flying blind here, as I don't know what libjava does with
Dave> threads or what a ParkHelper does, but would just implementing a
Dave> completely dummy do-nothing definition in no-threads.h be the
Dave> right thing to try?

Threads are really required for anything resembling a proper gcj port.
The no-threads code originated in the earliest days, before we had any
working threading code, and we kept it around as a porting aid.  At
least, that is how I see it.

So, sorry it is broken.  I'll accept any patch to make it compile
again; adding a dummy definition is just fine.