Lets have a DevJam during FOSDEM! (Was: [Devjam] Java Is FREE! (some real information))

[Mark Wielaard]
> Yes that makes sense. We got confirmation from the Fosdem organizers
> that for FOSDEM 2007 (24-25th February in Brussels, Belgium) we will
> have a room for 100 people and Sun.be has asked for an OpenJDK booth
> that the FOSDEM organization will place not too far away from that room.

Good.  I'll try to make something happen.

> Normally our Fosdem meeting is completely volunteer based and people
> come without any sponsorship. Just because it is such a hassle to
> make someone responsible for managing and tracking money. But if you
> would like to help with sponsorship and coordination that would be
> very nice.

I've spoken with Andreas Schuldei (stockholm on IRC) in Debian, and he
is interested in helping out.  We need a list of interested people
with and without sponsoring needs, and someone to pick the ones
deserving to get their travel sponsored.

We have discussed it on #debian-java a bit, and will continue to do
so.  <URL:http://wiki.debian.org/Java/DevJam> is a good starting
place.

I suggest Mark get to pick the three people to join him in the group
to select who to sponsor.  Fine with this, Mark?

I know there were intentions to hold the next devjam in America
somewhere, but suggest we grab the chance to gather at FOSDEM and try
later to organize something in Canada or Mexico.  I assume the current
border check and legal system in USA make it less likely as an
alternative.

Friendly,
--
Petter Reinholdtsen