This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Java project.
Re: Java 3D released!
- From: Bryce McKinlay <mckinlay at redhat dot com>
- To: Ray Auge <rayauge at doublebite dot com>
- Cc: GCJ-Java <java at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 15:57:41 -0400
- Subject: Re: Java 3D released!
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Ray Auge wrote:
Anyone read this news. (Sun realeased Java 3D)
Any ideas on the topic of possible inclusion of this to the libs
Unfortunately only a few parts of Java 3D were released under a free
license. The core javax.media.j3d and javax.vecmath packages are only
available under the JDL/JRL licenses which are non-free, I presume.
However, the example programs and com.sun.j3d.* packages were released
under BSD license, so we could perhaps consider using those if they
proved to be useful.
Note that there is already a free implementation of javax.vecmath: