Re: CVS MinGW (Crossed-)Native Compiler is Toast

Hi Ranjit,

(GCJ people: this is the last post on this subject I'll do here. I wanted to
follow up on this so people knew the outcome.)

>I think I have a faint idea of one of the things that seems to be
>going wrong.
>
>Line 10300 of parse.y has this call:
>
>      list = lookup_method_invoke (0, identifier_wfl, type, identifier, args);
>
>Upon entry into this function, some prologue code seems to be
>executed in gcc/gcc/config/i386/cygwin.asm which trashes
>the first parameter, changing it from a 0 to garbage. It's a downward
>spiral from there.

The problem appears to be similar to this:

When I hack the Makefile to use -mno-stack-arg-probe, the problem
disappears.

This one definitely qualified as cruel and unusual punishment.

How should I follow up on this?

-- Mohan
http://www.thisiscool.com/
http://www.animalsong.org/