This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
GCC 4.1 Status Report (2006-02-14)
- From: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- To: gcc mailing list <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 01:31:01 -0800
- Subject: GCC 4.1 Status Report (2006-02-14)
In the last few days, many of the key obstacles to a 4.1 release were
removed, including, but not limited to:
1) The -mlong-double-128 patches have gone in.
2) Jason fixed some RVO issues.
3) Michael fixed the zero-width bitfield vs. #pragma pack issue.
Unfortunately, there are still two PRs for regressions that I think
PR26258: wrong code caused by incorrect alias analyis.
PR26209: an ICE-on-valid for simple C++ code, from Boost, using a
We could argue about PR26209, but I thin PR26258 is too embarrassing to
have in a release. Fortunately, a patch has been posted for PR26258,
and Richard G. claims to have a patch for PR26209.
It's certainly time to get GCC 4.1 out the door. Therefore, at 12:01 AM
GMT-8 on Wednesday, February 15th, the 4.1 branch will be frozen. All
non-documentation patches after that point will require my explicit
approval; please attach patches to PRs, and Cc: to me. Hopefully, the
two P1s will be fixed tomorrow, and I can make a release candidate as
early as Wednesday evening.
(650) 331-3385 x713