Re: Re: Some notes on the Wiki

>>>>> "Joseph" == Joseph S Myers <joseph@codesourcery.com> writes:

 Joseph> On Mon, 11 Jul 2005, Michael Cieslinski wrote:
 >> I also could convert parts of the ggcinternals manual into wiki
 >> pages.  But only if there is a consensus about this being the way
 >> to go.

 Joseph> I'm sure it's the wrong way to go.  I find a properly
 Joseph> formatted and indexed book far more convenient for learning
 Joseph> about substantial areas of compiler internals, or for finding
 Joseph> what some particular macro is specified to do, than a wiki.

I'll second that.  Unlike some other major GNU projects, GCC's
internals manual is substantial and very good.  Yes, it needs ongoing
improvement, but I'd prefer that rather than flipping to Twiki.

	     paul