Re: Some notes on the Wiki

On Monday 11 July 2005 15:54, Paul Koning wrote:

>  Joseph> On Mon, 11 Jul 2005, Michael Cieslinski wrote:
>  >> I also could convert parts of the ggcinternals manual into wiki
>  >> pages.  But only if there is a consensus about this being the way
>  >> to go.
>
>  Joseph> I'm sure it's the wrong way to go.  I find a properly
>  Joseph> formatted and indexed book far more convenient for learning
>  Joseph> about substantial areas of compiler internals, or for finding
>  Joseph> what some particular macro is specified to do, than a wiki.
>
> I'll second that.  Unlike some other major GNU projects, GCC's
> internals manual is substantial and very good.  Yes, it needs ongoing
> improvement, but I'd prefer that rather than flipping to Twiki.

So, contribute to the manual then.  And let the folks who prefer to
work on the wiki work on the wiki.

Unless we are going to require reviewing for wiki changes now, too,
there is no point in this entire discussion.  And if we are going
to require reviewing for the wiki, there is no point in having the
wiki.

Gr.
Steven