Re: Building gcc compiler

Patara, Nishchal wrote:

Hello,
I am a developer at Xerox. I am working on Novell team. Since Novell has
moved to SuSe Linux so I installed the same to one of my machine. It seems
that to install NNLS(Novell Nterprize Linux Services), we need gettext and
to have gettext we need gcc. I installed the latest source of gcc from your
site but it's pre-requisite is "cc", which was not at all installed with the
OS. I searched the whole internet and the CD's I got but could not find c
compiler "cc" for linux.

cc is the general name by which a c compiler is called. The simplest way to build gcc is simply to install gcc. However this creates a cirular problem in your case! Suse (along with I hope every linux distribution) comes with a gcc package. Look in your distributions instructions on how to install packages which come with it, and install gcc from there.

Chris