Re: [tree-ssa] POOMA compile time / memory requirement comparison

On Tue, 2004-05-04 at 06:22, Richard Guenther wrote:

> So tree-ssa memory requirement is 127% of mainline, compile time
> is 134% of mainline (without leafify) and 126% of mainline (with leafify).

I see two options here: (a) unfreeze the branch and do whatever work is
necessary to bring POOMA in line with mainline, (b) continue with the
merge and address these problems in mainline.

IMO option (a) is too costly and may only serve to delay tree-ssa even
more.  I suspect that much of the necessary work to reduce this gap
involves removing RTL passes and/or doing major surgery on trees, memory
allocation (the system times are pretty bad).

But I naturally have a warped view of the whole merge process.  What do
others think?  If there aren't any major objections, I will continue
with the merge plans and merge as soon as we address the testsuite
regressions.

Thanks.  Diego.