Re: Target deprecation, round three

>>>>> Zack Weinberg writes:

Zack> It turns out that only a small part of the i370 back end is dependent
Zack> on HOST_EBCDIC.  I would be willing to compromise at the removal of
Zack> all support for this mode, leaving the rest of the back end intact.
Zack> However, I think that the demonstrated lack of interest in maintaining
Zack> the port in the FSF repository is still a strong argument for
Zack> obsoleting this entire back end.

	The main use of the i370 port is z/OS Unix System Services, which
is an EBCDIC environment.  If GCC cannot be hosted in an EBCDIC
environment, the i370 port is much less useful, so your compromise is not
much of a compromise at all.

David