This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
GCC 3.1 Branch
- From: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 17:52:17 -0700
- Subject: GCC 3.1 Branch
Now that GCC 3.1 has been released, the 3.1 branch is again open for
Let's review the policy for the branch:
1. Anyone who can normally approve patches can approve patches that
fix regressions from previously released versions of GCC.
2. I will review and approve patches that do not fix regressions if
a) they appear safe
b) they fix very important problems, or
c) they add support for new platforms, language features, etc.
that we did not support before -- and that we cannot, therefore,
Please make your case explicitly; assume I know very little (a
good assumption!) and explain why your patch fits these criteria.
GCC 3.1.1 is now scheduled for July 15th. I would very much like to
avoid lots of bug-fies at the last minute; please expect the branch
to close in late June, and get your fixes in before then.
Mark Mitchell email@example.com
CodeSourcery, LLC http://www.codesourcery.com