This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: a warning to implement
- From: Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr at codesourcery dot com>
- To: dewar at gnat dot com (Robert Dewar)
- Cc: Dautrevaux at microprocess dot com, gdr at codesourcery dot com, aoliva at redhat dot com, coola at ngs dot ru, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, pcarlini at unitus dot it
- Date: 06 Feb 2002 01:12:04 +0100
- Subject: Re: a warning to implement
- Organization: CodeSourcery, LLC
- References: <20020205234726.C3A82F28BE@nile.gnat.com>
firstname.lastname@example.org (Robert Dewar) writes:
| <<Please, note that I'm not saying that GCC should not have an option to
| trigger the proposed warning. I'm saying that that shouldn't be on by
| default in -Wall.
| I disagree, this warning should be part of -Wall, since it is a clear error
| with no defined meaning.
Constructs that are "clear errors no defined meaning" are flagged
as such: errors, not warning. Thus, the above is flawed.