GCC 3.0.3 and GCC 3.1

GCC 3.0.3 is due out December 15th.  Therefore, I would like to freeze
the 3.0 branch on December 1st.  That gives everyone two more weeks to
make changes on the 3.0 branch under the usual approval policy, i.e.,
any maintainer can approve changes that fix regressions from GCC 2.95,
or from previous versions of GCC 3.0.x.

If anyone is aware of serious problems with the current 3.0 branch,
relative to previous GCC 3.0 releases, please let me know as soon
as possible.

In addition, on December 15th we will enter the bug-fix only period
of our GCC 3.1 development cycle.  Beginning at that point, the only
changes on the GCC mainline will be changes that fix bugs, including
performance regressions; we will not add any new features at that
point.  Then, on February 15th, 2002, we will branch for the GCC 3.1
release.

Thank you,