Re: EH merge

Thanks for the update.

If GAS/LD requires fixing, we may, unfortunately, have to scrap
merging this stuff in for GCC 3.0.  Of course, we also need to make
sure that non-GNU linkers and assemblers work satisfactorily with the
new code.

I am not willing to hold up the release very much further at this
poitn.  (You can drive a release two ways: wait for stuff to get done,
or set deadlines and ship at that point.  I'm trying to steer a middle
course, but I don't want to wait much longer, especially for a major,
and possibly destabilizing, change like this.)

In any case, I'll look forward to Jason's response.

Thanks,