g77 question - namelist

I was debugging the libf2c ( or libg2c to be exact), I notice that something
funky about the rsne.c module.
  Particularly the namelist that was parsing and processing. The "addr" field of
the "vars" element ( say
  the first one or anyone ) in "nl" is within the range of the static char array
declared in rsne.c (particulary Alphanum).

So when the function x_rsne() calls l_read(), l_read() would accidently corrupt
Alphanum[] and
the rest is just chaotic. Has anyone experience this problem or any idea as
what's going on?

Also does anyone know how g77 actually get the addr field fill in for
cilist->cifmt  prior to calling

Thanks